Saturday, February 6, 2010
complaint #4...Bank of America
Never mind all the crap you hear about $45 billion in TARP relief paid for by you and me (sure, they paid it back) and all the bonuses to muckety-mucks. Does anyone actually know anyone that has been helped by B of A? I know of people that have been screwed by B of A, here's my personal story. In 2000, my mortgage company sold my mortgage to B of A. Why they are allowed to do this I'll never know. I think that companies making money off of money (banks, insurance) is a big scam and drain on real financial resources, but that's another complaint. Anyway, I get a letter from B of A saying that now they are my mortgage company and to send my first payment here, blah, blah, blah. OK, I got platinum credit, so I follow directions to the letter, I'm not an idiot. About 6 weeks later I get the actual coupons for mailing in my payments, this is after I made the first payment without one. I make a couple payments with the new coupons and THEN I get a letter from B of A stating that I never made the first payment, therefore the next two payments were rejected and they were going to start proceedings to repo my home. To make a long story even longer, I was forced to do all the legwork to prove I had sent everything properly. After getting everything all squared away, they acted like nothing ever happened. I spent countless hours, over a couple of weeks time getting copies of checks and talking to B of A reps, all of them snotty people who would not help me at all. No letter of apology, nothing. Oh, yeah, you better keep those payments with the coupons coming on schedule, before another computer, or asshole in charge initiates another foreclosure action. Well, I got it taken care of, and sent a scathing letter to several of the assholes I had dealt with during this ordeal, saying that not only would I find a way to cancel my business with them, I would tell everyone I knew about this, and I still do, 10 years later. So I cancelled my B of A credit card, traded in my beautiful truck for a different one, without B of A payments, and eventually re-mortgaged my home, to be done with them. Trouble is, I have since bought another home, and the mortgage was re-sold to B of A again, and there is no refinancing because of the crisis in Las Vegas and my house is only worth half what I paid for it 5 years ago, after putting $40K down. Fucking B of A found a way to screw me out of the value of my American Dream, and I have to pay for it because I need a place to live, even if it's not worth it, it's still the same as rent. Help from the bailouts that Obama promised? I don't know anyone who's gotten that kind of help, do you? Just the assholes who tried to take my house the last time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment